About Me

My photo
Hey, I'm Jess I started this blog to show things I've made, fashion interests and outfits of my own. I would love to be a stylist when I'm older and am doing as much styling assistance at the moment to get me there. Thanks for looking. If you have any questions email me on jessicafoster1995@hotmail.com Pintrest - http://pinterest.com/jessicafoster1/

Sunday 8 July 2012

DIY Dip Dye

I dip dyed my hair all last summer and loved it. I did purple and pink but this summer I want to do more blues and greens. I did it again yesterday as a complete impulse moment and I'm going to show you how I did it.

Fist of all put black bin-liners down where I was dyeing my hair.


I washed the ends of my hair with my normal shampoo and towel dried. Then I split my hair in half and tied two hairbands where I wanted the dye to go up to.


I used Directions hair dye - violet












Then with rubber gloves on, I spread the dye in my hair while brushing through with a comb. Then I literally dipped the ends of my hair in the pot of dye and left for 20 minutes. 

I then rinsed the dye out with warm water and blow dried my hair and the result...



I do like the colour but wanted it to be a bit more vibrant so when it washes out I'm going to leave it longer and put more dye in. Also pictures aren't great quality, sorry!

Next on the list are teals and blues!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing!! I'm waiting for the pink in mine to fade so I can try turquoise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still hasn't faded?! exactly what I wanna do next, i'll pick up some for you if you want as going to the shop later this week? xx

      Delete
  2. Hi there, thanks for stopping by. Great diy! I would love to try to add colour to my hair as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a nice colour!

    Also lmao you are so much tidier when it comes to dying your hair. I just shove it on with my hands without gloves on a whim hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It's already gone now though, so annoyed!

      Haha, your hair always looks amazing though so it's fine! x

      Delete