About Me

My photo
Hey, I'm Jess I started this blog to show things I've made, fashion interests and outfits of my own. I would love to be a stylist when I'm older and am doing as much styling assistance at the moment to get me there. Thanks for looking. If you have any questions email me on jessicafoster1995@hotmail.com Pintrest - http://pinterest.com/jessicafoster1/

Sunday 12 August 2012

Day 3&4 (course!)

So the whole reason I went to New York was to do a fashion course. I chose to do a fashion styling course because that's what I'm passionate about going into. The course was at the fashion institute of technology (FIT) which is one the the top colleges in America.
All the other students were great! They all have the same passion which made the atmosphere really great. Everyone expect me was from America although very spread out over America!
In the first day our professor Sadia Seymor got us doing activities involving on-figure styling. We created mood boards for a celebrity of our choice (I did Kate Middleton of course) and the next day we created four outfits for them and presented these to the class. You can have a look at the sets I made on my polyvore. http://jessicafoster1995.polyvore.com/

We also got into pairs (I with the lovely Joanna) and from the talk Sadia gave on the trends this season came up with a look for what we could do a photoshot on. We bought clothes and loads accessories the next day and the pairs styled eachother with their own clothes. I decided my look was going to be pastel and Joanna did the orange look.
Here I wore: Top Primark, skirt H&M, boots H&M and Joannas bag
Here's Joanna (not sure where her clothes are from!)


Pair shot!

It was great fun and we got lots of good photos out of the shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment